Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The ear piercing music that my beautiful daughter makes

Today was Caity's first private lesson for violin. She has had orchestra for 2 years. However, she has refused until now to have singular lessons. She came right home and practiced. I love my kids and I am proud of their accomplishments. I want them to find themselves in the music that surrounds them. Shaeli took piano for a year when she was 8 years old and hated it. So, Andy offered to teach her beginner guitar. Shaeli surpassed him quickly, so we found a teacher to help her develop her love of the guitar. She now is an amazing guitarist. We will have to record some of her work and put it on the blog for you to hear.
Caitly didn't want anything to do with the guitar or piano. She actually had some violin when she was in 4th grade through an after school program. She loved it and so when she entered intermediate school she took orchestra. Now she is entering 8th grade this coming fall and she wants to improve her skills.
Morgan is my boy. And being such he has always wanted to learn the drums. Drums is an instrument that Andy and I have no experience with. So we told him that when he goes into 6th grade he can take band and learn percussion. Then if he does well we will find a drum teacher for him. I have to mention the level of difficulty we have had over the last 3 years in finding a drum teacher. Morgan is now going into 6th grade this fall and signed up for band. I hope I can find someone that teaches drums or I will be up a creek. I have to admit I am not really looking forward to the sound of drums coming from my house. The window shakes when Andy and Shaeli turn up the volume with the guitars. Can you image what is going to happen when Morgan gets a drum. I need some aspirin just thinking about it.

No comments: