Sunday, April 24, 2011

What a week!

While Andy was laughing silly at a kid stuck in a car with is brother and sister, I was stuck in Ogden taking my last final for the semester. I think I would have rather been the kid. This week was a roller coaster of insanity. It started with my math final, continued with soccor, guitar auditions, guitar lessons, a dinner at chuck-a-rama, scans, and ended with another final. I really don't know where to start explaining. I guess with the exciting and glorious news that I passed my math final and the class itself. NO MORE MATH CLASSES!! My stress level didn't lessen, however, Shaeli had an audition for the high school jazz band. I think I was more a mess on that day than with my final. Having your child go through things is way more difficult to endure than going through it yourself. She doesn't feel as though she made the cut. That's okay, she tried something that was new and out of her normal things. It is good stretching yourself and seeing how far you can go. I am so proud of her, she even said she would try out again next year. We had a great time on Thursday after Shae's lessons. We decided to take the kids to Chuck-a-rama in Logan. We were stuffed full and having a great time laughing at everything. On Friday, Andy went down to SLC for scans. Hey, did I mention no more math classes. These scans should give us a good understanding of how the radiation treatments affected the tumors. I have to admit Andy and I have reservations about getting the results. We have been doing quite well lately. Nothing will be normal or back to what it was, but it has been good. Lately, I have had to explain to people that life is possible between death and remission when dealing with cancer. Andy may never see a true remission from his cancer, however, until his heart and lungs no longer function, there is life. You modify it to the best you can and enjoy every moment you can. That doesn't mean you don't feel overwhelmed and frustrated. It also doesn't mean you can't laugh and play. I really wish everyone was able to look through my eyes for a week. Then maybe you would see that cancer doesn't have to take away good things. Did I tell you that I passed my math class? You do mourn for the life you had visualized in your head and even somethings that are now really not possible, but you value the time and love you share around you. Well, to end this week I had another final. So I am completely worn out. I have a two week break from WSU then summer semester starts. I don't have to take a math class, I might actually enjoy college(I won't hold my breath). I end this chaotic blog post with I PASSED MATH!!! Miracles do happen, you just have to have faith. That really goes for more than math. We love you all. Happy Easter.

No comments: