Friday, April 29, 2011

Cautiously Optimistic

As some of you may have guessed I had more scans recently, this was to see how the tumors are doing. We also had the meeting with the doctor to let us know the results of the scans. Let me preface this by saying we will be going back every three months for follow up scans. The tumors have shrunk by 30%. The doctor told us this is the best that we could have expected. He also warned us that we are not out of the woods yet. But to enjoy the good news. So, HOORAY!!!!.

We are busy getting ready for the fundraiser in two weeks, and I almost forgot. Peggy officially passed her math class. Another big HOORAY!!!!! We are excited and exhausted with this new bit of information. I have also been able to stop taking several medicines because my endocrine system is functioning on its own, and has recovered from the Ipilimumab treatment. While this is good, my pleurisy is back and it is messing with my sleep patterns. The Dr. said it will take a couple of weeks to get out of my system.
Anyway, good news, and happiness for at least 3 months. So Party time, and we will hopefully see you at the dinner on the 13th.
Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Andy.

No comments: