Tuesday, January 4, 2011

just checking in

Hi everyone, it's Peggy. I just felt I needed to check in. This week we all went back to school (except Andy). I look at this semester and have to admit that I cringe. I have one more math course and all of my computer classes this semester. I could only get into the combined course for the computers which means I give up my Saturdays for a 3 hour class and 1 hour lab. YUCK!!! Oh well. I have to remind myself I need to look at the bright side. I will be done with math, as long as I pass with at least a C. I couldn't have taken my math classes at a worse time. I have taken a math class through this whole ordeal with the cancer. I don't know what is scarier. Cancer..College math... Do you know which is worse? I am grateful that I have the opportunity to receive an education, I just would like to be done with it. So many crossroads are in my view and I really don't have a clear vision of which way to go. Andy is wonderfully supportive. He say to do what ever will make me happy. Unfortunately, that is not a possibility. I will do what needs to be done and accomplished, happiness will wait. I guess that's not entirely true. I feel happiness when I think of my kids and who they are becoming. Bright, beautiful, and strong. I feel happiness in my husbands warm welcoming arms, and in the smiles of good friends that care. Happiness is around us, we just have to stop and remember what it truly is. I have to mention some wonderful people that help me to remember what and where happiness is. Ron and Joan Startin. Ron has met difficult and frustrating trials in his life and yet his smile and spirit is one of the brightest and most loving I have ever met. Joan is always smiling and laughing, it's nice to have her around to show us how. Andy and I love these two individuals and we feel blessed to have met them and call them our friends. They came up during the Christmas break to visit and I enjoyed every word and moment with them. Thank you Ron and Joan, you are amazing. Well, I guess that is what I wanted to say. I hope you are all able to find and see happiness around you, and I hope you know we love you all. All y'all. (That's a throw out to my sweet brother-in-law, Rene's, southern roots).

1 comment:

Bruce Andrew said...

Peggy, had both, math is worse...
I admire you to keep pressing on with your lives, it was important to me (looking back) that we continued on with our lives and took on cancer as another challenge. BTW, Kelly said Andy wanted some Rudy's BBQ sauce. Send me your address and I'll get some to you (I assume he wants the regular sauce and not that sissy stuff).....
my email is andy8007@yahoo.com

If there is anything else we can do, even from Texas, let us know... you guys are in our prayers

bruce andrew