Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sin City, it is what it is.

I just got back, and boy am I tired. The treatment went off without a hitch. I was able to talk to Clyde again, and he has had some trials this last three weeks, he had a tumor in his bowels grow so much that it blocked everything off. (Clyde also has metastatic melanoma and is on the same schedule of treatment as me.) After some surgery and some recovery time, he is doing really well. So if you could keep him in your prayers too, I would appreciate it.
Ok, Dad, Scott, and I had a great time in Vegas. Kallee and Ashley are still awesome as ever, thanks again for letting us stay there. And if you are in the area, Ross jr hawiian, is the place to eat, man was it good. And the next day at the Eureka, Hi Lizette, in Mesquite was good and funny. There was a seafood buffet with crab legs. Don't tell Dad I said this but he was a Crab leg virgin. So Scott and I had to show him the intricacies of the fine art of eating crab. Scott uses the forkin approach, while I on the other hand use the crush crack and pull method. Both are effective and have pros and cons. Scott's way is much cleaner, but mine is a lot more fun and faster. It was fun to watch Dad try the different methods, and possibly ruin a fork.
Saturday we went shopping so Peggy could get some finishing stuff for the Bathroom. With any luck it will be finished this week. Hooray, no kids in my bathroom.
Sunday, I went to my meetings in the morning. By 10:30 I was not feeling well. It was expected but a little earlier than the last few times. So I went home to a sick Morgan, and we both vegged on the couch. The Doc, told me to have some Tea for my pain, and when it is made properly it works. On the same lines as my Dad, I am a tea virgin. I am learning, I still think it tastes like crap, but if you put enough honey in it, it is tolerable. On a good note, they gave me some medication that has also helped with my abdominal pain. So this weekend I have been able to eat real food without too much pain. So for now, all is well and my next thing to happen is a scan on the 29th. But I will not know anything until mid November. So no real news until then, but I will probably blab some more when I get the chance. So until then, Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Andy.

No comments: