Sunday, October 24, 2010

I was actually sick, can you believe it?




The irony is I am receiving immunotherapy drugs that boost my immune system. But for the last few days, I have been sick. Today finally I feel really well. I am still having the pains in my abdomen, not as frequent as I was, so this is an improvement. Before I forget, Peggy finished the bathroom, and some pictures are attached. I think she did an awesome job.
Ok back to the goings on, I have been sick most of this week, the first part of the week was from the treatment last Friday. The end of the week was, I think, from me actually being sick. I am feeling a lot better this evening.
I went with my daughters to "standards night" tonight. I was glad to accompany them. It was a lot of fun. Also I was able to be reacquainted to a mission friend. Chad Lewis was the main speaker, I served in Taiwan the same time as he did, in fact my first apartment was with him. We spent 2 months in the same apartment when I first started my mission. I learned a lot from Elder Lewis about hard work and pushing through the hard times. Later on he passed me off on my memorization of the Chinese discussions. I have always looked up to him, and it was a pleasure to listen to him speak. He was as eloquent and passionate as he has always been. If you get a chance to read this, Chad, thanks for taking the time to speak to the youth. It helped me to remember a few things that I had forgot. I need to focus harder on a couple things in my life that lately I have let lax. Carry on, Persevere, and always do your best.
As a side note, I will be having my scan on Friday. But I won't know anything until mid November. But don't worry, I will let you all know what we find out. Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Also thanks for all that you all do for us. The little things make a big difference. Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Andy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI aNDY AND FAMILY i WANT TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR UPCOMMING TEST i WILL BE THINKING OF YOU AUNT DAR