Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hey Dear, no deer

To follow on with the corny titles. Yes it's true, I went hunting last week. While it was very relaxing it wasn't without problems. I have started having some side effects that are really annoying. Abdominal and intestinal pain. The benefit of being up at deer camp last week is that all we did was road hunt. I was also assisted at almost every turn in camp. So a special thanks to Robert, Kirk, Rocky, Joel, Ian, and Morgan. They all helped me out a bunch and let me relax as much as possible. It was a great time had by all. I especially appreciate it, because I don't know how many more times I will be able to do that with Morgan. But I do know that when I am no longer able, he has some Uncles and a Grandpa, that will take him along. He shot his first bird, winged a chukkar, and Rocky finished it off for him, but he was really excited. In fact if the weather co-operates we will be going up this weekend to visit the Elk camp, and maybe try to shoot a bird or two. I did have a chance to try some new dutch oven recipes that worked out great.
So..... for the update. I am doing well for the most part. I am having pains like I mentioned before, but that seems to be the only side effect I am having. Unfortunately the only way I have found to get the pains to subside a little is to lay on my back or side. They don't go away, but they lessen quite a bit.
We are looking forward to the next treatment, my Dad, and Scott are going with me down. I think it will be as fun as the last time we drove. This will be the last treatment of this series. We will then have a scan (end of Oct), then go back and have the consult (Mid Nov). We may have a last treatment party while down there. If you would like to know more, let me know. Merry Christmas and Have a Lovely Day. Andy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Dadyou and Scott together LOOK OUT VEGAS I would to be a fly in the corner. Iam wondering if there are more treatments down there no matter what the scan shows or only if they are helping Love ya Aunt Dar