Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vegas and back in record time.

I went to Vegas yesterday for treatment. I left my house about 5:45am and got home last night about 9pm. It was definitely a whirl-wind trip. I had treatment, it went smooth, and a quick lunch while there. Rene and Andee flew me down in their version of the trusty Sopwith camel. I had a great time, and the best part, it only took 2-3 hours each way. I even fell asleep for a while on the way back, I credit that to Rene's great flying and the treatment, you can put it in whichever order you want.
I want to put out a special thanks to my Sin City Cousins, you know who you are, (Kallee and Ashley), thanks for lending me your car while I was down, and when I come down next I will pick up the GPS that was left behind. Until then you better not get lost.
I was able to talk to Clyde, (I am pretty sure that is his name,) while I was there. He has melanoma as well, and is on the same schedule as I am. We decided that next treatment we are going to order pizza and have balloons. His daughter was there, (I apologize but I don't remember her name), she is an oncology nurse at another hospital. I had a great conversation with Clyde and his daughter. I would like to ask all of you to put a special spot in your prayers for a while for Clyde and his family. Like me and mine, they are having a hard time dealing with this unfortunate hand life has dealt them. So prayers and good thoughts going out toward Iowa for his family. And pizza and balloons on Oct 15th.
The shirt went over well, and got lots of smiles and even a few laughs. If Clyde's daughter reads this we'll have to get together I would like to send your dad a shirt.
A reminder to all, let the ideas come forth so we can get some shirts made.
We also have a scan date (Oct 29th) and a followup date (Nov 12) scheduled. So sometime in the future, (Nov 12th) we will get to know if this treatment is working. I am feeling fine, and doing well. If you hear different, the person telling you this is an uninformed dolt. Please let them know that is my official opinion of them. So, there will be a lapse for a while of comments from me, because I am headin to the hills to kill a bambi, sorry to those people who don't like me killin stuff, but I am going to do it anyway. Maybe not a bambi, but a deer none-the-less. That's if I get a chance. So until some undecided date in the future, Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Andy.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

Hey, Andy..This is Vanessa, Clyde's duaghter.. I just wanted to say thank you for the great conversation at treatment the other day. Its nice to be able to talk to other people dealing with all this stuff also. I can do it without difficulty with my patients..but its completely different trying to talk about things with my dad. So thanks for letting me use you as a gateway to bring up some difficult topics with him. You have such a great attitude about everything and I know my dad appreciates that immensly! Thanks again...you have a beautiful family, by the way! Hope you had a great hunting trip! See you in a few weeks!

vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Kelly said...

My Brotha!

Its been a long time and a lot of water under, over, and through the bridge since I last saw your ugly mug!

I stumbled onto your blog almost by accident this morning and have spent most of my morning reading it from the start. Quite the little adventure you've got going.

I haven't been much of one to keep up with the old Taiwan crowd, but reading about you brought back some pretty fond memories of the "party palace", the "Tall Hero", and those times we played mud and beach football with Tolman and the boys. You are one of the very few fellows from those days I wouldn't mind catching up with.

If you feel up to it, zip me an e-mail. pnkelly@q.com or you can see some of the crapola I've been up to lately at my own blog dadsdestroyingangels.blogspot.com

Regardless, My family will add you to our prayers. I know from personal experience that God loves those he sent to Taiwan, and he has more than a few miracles ready to make up for the time we spent breathing the Kao Shiung pollution in his service!

Fight Hard,
Pat Kelly