Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tired, again

I went to work yesterday. Today I am recovering, just for the record, Cancer sucks!!! But the miracles, the blessings, the love and concern that has been showered upon us has made this a bearable, all be it not comfortable, situation. Through inspiration and people thinking of us, just this week we have had some wonderful things happen. My shed was re-tar papered where the wind ripped what we put down last fall (thanks Rob). We had a bunch of shingles dropped off at our house (thanks to the Scott Family). and some people that put them up for us (thanks Mom, Dad, and Josh.) All of this happened since Sunday. With nary a word from me. People have told me to just go sit down and stay out of the way, which right now is where I should be. But it doesn't make it easy for me to just watch others do things I used to be able to do fairly easy. Things are going well on the recovery side, I just need to remember that I got 5 doses this last time. The Doctor thinks I am crazy by going to work, but I feel like I have to do something when I feel better, and maybe getting more rest is the best answer. But going to work is sometimes more therapeutic than just sitting in a chair relaxing. You can only watch so much TV and reading is not a great option for me, my eyes don't work like they should, so reading is really hard. And at this point, my body doesn't need sleep all day and all night long. Although today I may end up taking a pain pill if the pain doesn't go away soon. I am hoping that I start to feel better sometime this afternoon. I will be taking it easy all day so I can go to work again tomorrow. Thanks, to all the caring Co-Workers, you guys and gals are awesome. We as a family pray for all of you on a daily basis. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, may God bless you all today, and may you see the miracles in your life. Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Love Andy

2 comments:

Chris Stoker said...

We;re glad you're hanging in their Andy:) Thanks for continuing to do the blog...its a great way for us to keep up with how you're doing without intruding. I love your last comment about us seeing the miracles in our own lives. It's a little sad that it takes a "rough patch" in our lives before most of us see how involved the Lord really is in our lives. Hang in there. Our family continues to pray for your family. We're planning to come down to the reunion in a few weeks.

Andy L. said...

We are planning on going up Saturday for the family breakfast. I will still be in recovery mode when we have the reunion. Looking forward to seeing everybody there.