Thursday, June 10, 2010

Good morning

I woke up this morning having actually slept in my bed all night. This is boring for most of you, but for me, at this point it is quite an accomplishment. If I lay completely flat I have a tendency to stop breathing, (while I have the water weight on.) So I didn't need to sleep in the recliner. And Peggy didn't wake me up about midnight and say, "you, need to sleep in the other room, your breathing keeps stopping." At least that's the excuse she keeps giving me.
I will say I now have a lot more sympathy to the supervisors that stand around and watch people work. Whew!!! that is hard work. I watched my wife and kids dig holes and set fence posts yesterday, then went and took a nap I was so tired. It is amazing how much of a tole this IL2 puts on your body. I think it was just being upright and the little bit of walking around I did that wore me out. Recovery, like always has been slow but progressing.
Today I am finally below 240, and my legs and hands are not swollen anymore, so I guess I have gained a little weight over the last few weeks. My appetite is coming back and eating is more enjoyable than it used to be. Thanks to all who have brought in meals over the last while. They have been delicious.
All is quiet at the Layne home this morning. I can hear the second hand on the clock in the other room ticking away. The sun has yet to come up this morning but it looks like it is going to be a beaufitul day. I can hear the birds chirping through the window, and the cat wants to go out and try to eat them.
By the way, a HUGE thanks to Lisa and Georgia for helping us out with Reese, it has been a lifesaver for us here. I haven't heard from you so I assume that all is well. Anyway, I think I will be making some pancakes for the kids for breakfast. As always, Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. Merry Christmas, and have a lovley day.
Love Andy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andy, hang tough. We'd love to see you in Texas, under different circumstances. But if you do come down here, Houston is just a short drive from us, so we'll be there if you need us.
Bruce