Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Minor adjustment to posts

Ok, it has been brought to my attention that I have a tendency to "sugar coat" things and not give the "real" situations, and that my wife posting was a lot more informative on what was really going on. So I will try to be more upfront with what is really going on. For instance Tuesday, was a real bear of a day. While last week I was able to get more doses than they thought possible. It was with the help of a bunch of narcotics, which unfortunately have a lasting effect on me. I stay groggy for a few days when they are administered day after day and high doses like they were. On top of that the benefits of taking the pain away are not there, just the foggy hazy feelings.
The IL2 treatment has a tendency to settle in joints and old injuries, so my knee and hip were killing me, so I got to take some more pain pills, and sit in a fog for another day. The treatments also take a toll on my ability to recover, as far as my energy level goes. I spent most of the day sleeping and resting, because I didn't have the energy to walk to the mailbox.
I hope that was a more accurate and real depiction of my situation. If this is better let me know and I will try to keep it more "real."
On a good note, I have lost almost 15 lbs of water weight, only 10 more to go. That should come off tomorrow. I hope that was descriptive enough of how my day went, but on the upside, I am doing well and recovering. Like I said I am still very tired and just like the Doctors told me the recovery gets harder each time, especially with the amount of doses I got this last time. I am still really excited about getting so many. Woo Hoo!!!! ok, sorry I just get too happy sometimes. Thanks for all the help and support that we get from everyone. Merry Christmas and Have a lovely day.
Love Andy.

No comments: