Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stent is installed and working great!

So yesterday, I had a stent put in my heart. It is working really well. Today I feel great, other than some discomfort where they accessed my femoral artery. While the experience was very uncomfortable, the technicians and the doctors there were awesome. Explaining what was going on and what was coming next. They kept me informed which lessened the anxieties I had about this procedure. I had a slight complication, where they accessed my artery, I had a bleeder. I had Jo a small nurse, apply direct pressure and she had me almost in tears with pain. But with her and "King" Richards hard work, they got the bleeding to stop and I had to lay on my back for about 4 hours without moving my leg, or (the really hard part) lifting my head. So with some constant reminding from Mary, and there might have even been a threat there too, I am doing great. I am pretty sure that I will be able to still have my cancer treatment on Monday. But my biggest fears have been put away, because the cancer was not causing my chest to hurt. Which will allow me to exercise as soon as I heal up from the stent. So, I am in a great mood today as long as I don't move. I would like to give some "props" to my dad who stayed the night in the hospital with me. Which allowed my wife to go home and take care of my kids. He didn't get much sleep and was a great help assisting me in and out of bed. So if you see him today, tell him how great he is.

3 comments:

Gabe said...

I'll bet you don't get as much publicity about yours as Bill Clinton does with his! By the way, now that you have all of this new energy, try not to jog around the hospital. It tends to dispirit the other patients. Gabe

Unknown said...

Dude, so you had to go and get CANCER just so they could figure out you needed a stent! So, now just send that cancer the message that it is no longer needed, thank you very much, but you will be just fine with out it!

Seriously, I'm glad that your feeling better. I hope everything goes well on Monday. We'll keep sending the anti-cancer vibes your way!

Candace said...

Well, I am glad that things went well. It may have taken some time, but you never got it right the first time anyway so why should this be any different. I know you have a long way to go but for now I'm glad that you are feeling well. Love you bro.