Monday, February 8, 2010

I am soooo screwed!

Just kidding, sort of. I went and took my lung and heart stress test today. My lungs are performing at over 100% of normal, which is awesome. Then I go and do this heart test. I have a hard time walking up a half a flight of stairs without stopping on the landing. So they want you to be able to walk up four flights of stairs; not gonna happen. So I get to have a chemically induced heart rate of 156 bpm. Which still gets you breathing hard and makes your head pound. When I approached 140 bpm, my chest started feeling tight, at 150 started having mild pain, at 160 (which is where we peaked) I had moderate pain. But no worries, there was a cardiologist right outside the door, and I was already laying down so no big problem. After a few minutes everything was back to normal. The cardiologist came in and looked at the ultrasound of my heart, and the EKG they did while I was running a marathon without moving. He didn't like something he saw, so he and the other cardiologist left and called my oncologist. The three of them have decided that am in need of a angiogram, (I wonder if thats anything like a singing telegram from a girl named angie?) Anyway tomorrow bright and early, I will be going in for an angiogram. If I have it done soon, like tomorrow, I can still have my treatments on the 14th. Wish me well and wish my wife some more patience with me, heaven knows she needs it. I think I may quit going to doctors for a while after this, they keep finding things wrong with me. Just kidding, but the questions still remains, which came first the cancer or the heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys sounds like you got your answer the heart comes first which is fitting because love always wins out in the end. Sounds like sll went as good as can be expected. I send you my love and good wishes. I will be praying for you and your family. Remember if God brings you to it he will bring you through it. Love Aunt Dar