Friday, February 12, 2010

Schedule for treatments

I have had several questions rgarding how the treatment is going to go. So here is a synopsis of what is going to happen. First, this treatment is an eight week process (approximately). I will go in for treatment beginning on February 14th (sunday). I believe that I will be released from the hospital on the following Sunday. I will be given the Interlukin II intraveinously all week long. (this is the first half of the treatment). I will be home for two weeks (the first few days I will need to recover and get the toxins out of my body), and then on March 7th (sunday). I will go back and do it again for the second half of the first treatment. Once again I will be in for a week. Then I will go home for 3-4 weeks, I am currently scheduled for followup on April 4th. At this time I will have a CT scan to see if the tumors have stayed the same, grown, or have shrunk. If the tumors have stayed the same or shrunk. At that time I will be readmitted to the ICU and have the Second treatment begin. starting over on the 1 week in the hospital, 2 weeks out, 1 week in the hospital and 3-4 weeks out, then have another CT scan. After that we will readdress the situation. So to summarize what is going on. I will be in ICU for a week, home for 2 weeks, ICU for a week, then home for 3-4 weeks. That is one treatment cycle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok bozo I guess you are going to get used to all this laying around then Peggy and the kids will be so used to you being around all the time you will have to quit your job and become a house mom. Gee some guys have all the luck. let me know how the movie is. That sounds like one I would never go to they are usually the best. Hope you have a good day. Love you Aunt Dar

Rene said...

Well, let me know if you need anything. We will keep you in our prayers.......Rene and Family