Sunday, February 14, 2010

C-Day

Today, I will be going in to be admitted into Huntsman's ICU. I will be started on antibiotics, and an IV to make sure that I have all the fluids I need so I don't get dehydrated. This is in preparation for tomorrow. When the doctors say hell will start. I am a little excited to start cancer treatment, and a little apprehensive because of the sickness i will be experiencing. I need to remind everyone that while this is an FDA approved treatment, the success rate against melanoma, is still only 10%. I would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts during this time of trial for my family and myself. I will do all I can to be healthy and beat this cancer. I do have to give appreciation to God and the help he has given me. It was a fluke that the heart problem brought to light the cancer, which is in early stages. It was good fortune that the oncologist wanted a lung and heart test done, which found the blockage. Keep in mind that the fluke and good fortune I refer to are both, what I believe to be Divine intervention from a loving and caring Heavenly Father. I don't feel that I am any better than anyone else. I just feel that I was blessed in a way that is easier to recognize.
I know this sounds silly, but I truly can feel the prayers and good thoughts that are being sent in my behalf. We (my family and I) are praying that you will get extra blessings. May the Lord bless and keep you, until we meet again,( hopefully next week). Sincere love and appreciation, Andy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God be with you and all your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I do believe you are in the top 10% percent and all this will be a hellish nightmare and when we wake up all will be ok. Keep up the good work ane let me know if there is anything I can do. Love ya tons GOOD LUCK to you Aunt Dar

RR Stoker said...

Andy,
You are in our prayers, we are reading your blog and any emails your mom and dad send out. You sound very positive and that's a plus in what you're going through.
Take care, Ray and Ruth Stoker