Sunday, February 14, 2010

Admitted and doing fine

We, (Peggy and I), arrived at the hospital about an hour early. Traffic was great and we zipped right on down here. So we went and had dinner, it was really good. We ate at the Point bistro at the Huntsman hospital. The nurses and doctors here have been great. They have been very patient answering all of my questions and taking time to explain what I should expect to go through and what I need to let them know about my body and normal things and and things that are not normal but can occur. Tonight will be very uneventful. They will start some medicines tonight but the IVs will be started tomorrow. The ball will start rolling tomorrow morning at 5am. They said I will have a night untethered so enjoy it. I think it is because tomorrow, I will be hooked to IVs and heart monitors. But amid all of the chaos, I am excited about starting the treatments so I can kick cancers butt, again. I am watching the Olympics while I sit here in my hospital bed, and the first gold medal winner to Canadian at home, just happened. Anyway, I am looking forward to completing this treatment and getting back to normal for a week and a half. Thanks to all the people I work with who are concerned for my well-being. Soon enough I will be back amongst you, to annoy you more than ever. I really appreciate the support you have given and continuously give me.
Thanks and Lots of Love,
Andy

No comments: