Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Oh what a day.

I don't wamt to be too negative, so I will give you the highlights. I am bright pink. I look like I have a sun burn all over my body. They told me it is one of the side effects, They also told me if I don't feel like eating don't or I will throw up, I could have used that information for breakfast. For Lunch I had a banana, and some orange flavored italian ice. It was really nice. I taked to my wife for a minute and her and the kids are holding up nicely. I worked a little from my computer today. And what I saw, made me cry. The people I work with are awesome. They have donated leave to me so I wont need to worry about the stay in the hospital. Thankyou very much do those who have done so, There will be a special place in my prayers for you. I am coming up on my seventh dose for the treatment. They would ideally like to get 11 doses this week. I am trying to be as helpful as possible during this whole process to get as many doese as I can. The say sometimes the body just doesnt cooperate. So I will do my best. I have been walking the halls every day at least two times around the loop. The second loop is getting really hard to do. But i wll keep trying because, the doctors told me it will help dramatically. I have gained almost 15 pounds in water weight. It gets realy hard to walk. I will update you when I have some more things to share.
Thanks and have a lovely day.
Andy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know how pregnant women feel! =D

Anonymous said...

Ya I agree with D You will now be more sympathetic than ever when Peggy goes through menopause. On the second round of walking know that all of us are with you. We will kick your butt if you don't make it as we want to spend as much time as we can with you. May God be with you in the hour that he will need to carry you Know that I love You Tons Love Aunt Dar

The Price Family said...

Andy, I have been thinking about you and your family all night so I got up to read your blog. It sounds like you are hanging in there. We miss you at work and I can't tell you how many people come in and ask about you and how your are doing. Alan is on vacation and of course Nicole is gone. I will be glad when you return. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and please let me know if there is something I can do for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us posted on your blog. I hope your day goes well. Love, Kathy

Concerned Responce said...

Dear Anonymous,
In response to your comment to Andy - "Now you know how pregnant women feel." Well, I have been through both chemotherapy AND pregnancy/childbirth. I know for a fact that there is no comparison what-so-ever. I'm sure you meant your comment to be light-hearted, however, fighting for your life while being made to be violently ill is nothing like being pregnant.
All my best to you Andy. I am a 17
year cancer survivor. You can do this. We are all behind you with our thoughts and prayers! ;-) S