Friday, February 19, 2010

I can't beleive they kicked me out.

Finally I am home. I was discharged today. Let me bring you up to speed. Yesterday, (Thursday) I was given, what i thought was very bad news. I had to stop treatment. My body had become too toxic, my liver and gall bladder was having too many complications. I will admit it, after they told me this I said ok, and after the doctor left, I sat down and cried. I thought that in order for this to work I need to get 11-12 treatment. While this still makes sense to me, it isn't altogether accurate. I had gained weight, 1 side effect, I had gotten ill, another side effect, I had gotten the convulsion shivers, another side effect, and many other non nice things. One of the big side effects were liver problems and gall bladder problems. At the time I did not understand that the more side effects you have the better it is, the chance of success is better. Someone must have told Dr. Grossman that I was having a hard time with this, so he came back in to talk to me. He then explained that going on will, emphasis added, will kill me. They have to stop and start again in 2 weeks. I felt like I had failed for myself and my family. But this was by far from the truth. Based on my heart problems last week, and my current health situation, I think I did pretty dang good getting in eight doses. I have also found that this is above average and that Dr. Grossman hasn't has a patient yet make it to ten doses. So I feel like I have been blessed once again. Now, today I had some more crazy things happen. Some bad side effects, I started seeing things and having very vivid dreams. As a matter of fact, I had a dream a cat was attacking my arm so inadvertently I ripped off my IV in the middle of the night. Not good. But thanks to an alert wife and a great team of nurses they got me fixed up and put back together. I had a couple of other things like this happen while not as scary, just as weird. But they still let me go home today. I love you all and thanks for your support. I need to try to sleep tonight

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy I want to thank you for taking the time to explain all this mumbo jumbo to us. I was as you heart broken at the stop. now I see the whole picture and Gods blessings for you and your family. I sure hope you got a nice sleep. I will see your Dad today and I hope all is well with him too. Love you all Aunt Dar

The Price Family said...

Andy, I am so glad that you are home. I hope you can get some needed rest and enjoy spending time with your family. It has been pretty boring at work without you and we look forward to your return. Thanks for keeping us posted and as always your are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. Sincerely, Kathy

Unknown said...

If you start having dreams about chickens, then you know the treatments are really working, but cat dreams are pretty good too! I'm glad to hear that you are home. Keep hanging in there.

Unknown said...

Andy, Glad you are home. Our prayers are with you. I spent the last week on vacation and have to return to work tomorrow. Wish you could too. Hang in there and I'll see you soon. Alan