Saturday, February 6, 2010

Good News!!! (sort of)

Ok, Its 2am and I can't sleep. (blaming my Dad on that one no reason just because I can.) I thought I would take the opportunity to share with you the doings of friday. I decided I needed to go to work, you know for the money. Its amazing how if you don't go to work you don't get paid. Anyway, I got to work fine. Had some chest pains, they were expected, as climbed the stairs to work. I had to rest on the landing for a minute before continuing to the second set. Finally got to my desk and sat down. At this point I was doing really good. I had been to work for a whole minute and no major breakdowns. Then I made the mistake of opening my email. The concern and support that people have for me was unexpected, but highly appreciated. I cried for a little bit, first time so far. It was a little helpful. Its a good thing there weren't very many people there at 6am on Friday. Then I made my second mistake of the day, I checked my voice mail. Some more tears, and added appreciation for the great people I work with. I won't mention names, but I appreciate all of you very much. After the two "episodes" I really wanted to go home, but I would have to face the music eventually, and I knew there wouldn't be a full crew on Friday like Monday. So I stayed. Guess what, as the day went on, more tears. It's a good thing they took away my man-card years ago. Anyway, I put in my time as best i could, and left for home. I went to the Temple, that is a place the LDS faith hold sacred and feel closer to God there, with my Dad. I had some special prayers answered there, and received a whole lot of comfort. A big Thank you to my Dad for the willingness to be a buffer for me and such a strong supporter. So if you all would please include my family in your prayers, specifically my Dad at this point, I will occasionally ask for special prayers for people in my family and in my close circle (getting larger everyday) of friends who are having a hard time with me having cancer. Well this is enough for now, In the moring I will have part two, and actually share what i was wanting to. It is now 2:30am and I am feeling a bit tired, so lets hope that sleep may find me once again. Night all.

No comments: