Thursday, February 4, 2010

Had a "Grand" Conversation

Tonight we met with the Grandmas and Grandpas aka the buffers. They now know everything I know and will disseminate the information as needed. They also had some awesome questions that I hadn't thought of. The age old adage, with age comes wisdom is true. I was very grateful for the time they were able to spend with us and the great support we have while we go through this ordeal.
Today, I was notified that my blood work came back as a qualifier for being able to have the treatment done. Right now, leaning toward IL2. They also schelduled the remaining two tests to see if my heart and lungs are strong enough to make it through the procedures. I hope they are. They are scheduled for Monday. If I get any more updates or have anything more to share, I will be sure to post. I think I have set up so I can blog via text messaging. I may have to try this over the weekend.
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, Love Andy.
I almost forgot.
Family members---Please contact the parent you have to get information regarding my cancer status, they will be up to date on all the happenings. Please...Please don't call me about the cancer. If you would like to talk about the weather or even sports (which I don't follow) it would be welcomed, but if you bring up the cancer I will hang up on you. This is to help me to not get bombarded with phone calls and have to continuously be talking about how I feel, and what is going on. This will allow me to focus on the needs of my wife and kids and getting over this unfortuneate situation. Thanks for your understanding. Also, if you have questions ask the parents to forward them to me, or you can post them here. You will probably get a faster answer if you as a parent. When I know more I will post, (after I have informed the parents. They are my first line of bufferage.)

2 comments:

Andy L. said...

Just a thought for those who are grieving for loss or expected loss, here is a good website I found that lists what you go through when grieving. check it out.....http://www.recover-from-grief.com/7-stages-of-grief.html

dlayne said...

Well aren't you so helpful!
Luv Tanya and Jonah