Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First full day of treatments

This really sucks, but they tell me the worse I feel the better it is working, so it must be working really well. I have gained about 5-7lbs of water, my hands and face are starting to show signs of swelling. My skin is starting to turn pink. A condition that happens with the IL2 treatment, It looks like a mild sunburn. The Nurses are taking great care of me. They help me out a lot. They have given me a lot of information on what things to do to make this work better. I need to get up everyday as often as possible and walk around the floor. I also need to use this lung exercise thingy, about 12 times an hour. Thanks, to Joel, my Father-in-Law for stopping in to see me today. Sorry i was in the middle of having the shakes, and feeling nauseous when you came. But unfortunately that's part of the process. I think I have recieved three treatments today. My next on will be sometime between 1 and 3 am. Woo hoo, its lots of fun. I havent thrown up yet, but have come pretty close, they have hurried and got the medicine in my when I fill yucky.
Have a great and Lovely Day,
Andy

4 comments:

Jody said...

keep up the positive attitude. may the Lord continue to bless you and your family
Aunt Jo

Candace said...

Hopefully the bouts of yucky will come less and less often, unless you really like the happy pills. Our prayers are with you and you family. Keep the faith and one way or another all will be well.
Love you bro.

Anonymous said...

Howdy Hope all goes well I am watching the olympics off and on. I like the skating best. Those two from China rock. Alls well here. Sure Think you will look good in balloon colors and size. ha ha You will soon learn the meaning of pee like a russian race horse. Hows Peggy and the kids doing? Send them my love Keep up the good work Love ya Aunt Dar

Buffy said...

Andy, you and your family are in my daily prayers. You have a wonderful, strong and positive attitude and it will carry you farther than you realize. I miss you around here. If there is anything I can do for you or your family, don't hesitate to let me know!!! Hugs and prayers, Buffy