Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Humbled once again

As I sit in my living room unable to sleep and stress level through the roof, I can't help but acknowledge the amount of love and support I feel from all of you, my friends and family.  I have some greatly mixed feelings.  Not really keen about having surgery again, especially having part of my lungs removed.  But I am really excited about the notion of being cancer free.  The timing is less than optimal. With the kids starting school, and Peggy starting a new job as a Special Ed teacher. I can't help but think, "what the hell am I doing?"  Then I remember this wasn't a rash decision. Lots of time on my knees praying, doing a lot of research into the procedure, doctors answering endless questions, (I know the questions weren't endless or I would still be asking them.)  This has been helpful, I just fell asleep while typing. I am heading to bed.



Oh I almost forgot, Caity got asked to homecoming tonight. She is excited, so it must be a good thing, ;)

Merry Christmas and have a lovely day,
Andy Layne

1 comment:

Brad Hess said...

I hope all went well. Many people wishing you the best! Get well soon.