Friday, February 22, 2013

Hello my friends!

Hi everyone! Well, it has been a long time since I wrote on the blog. That's right it's me, Peggy. When Andy was no longer going through treatments, I gave back the writing role to the blog. However, I looked over the last blogs and to my dismay, Andy has not been very creative in writing, expounding in our adventure called life, or frequent in updating. So I decided to do a little of all these and maybe more.
First a knock knock joke from one of my special ed. kids.

Knock, knock
Who's there?
I don't know. Did you look out the door?

Ah, the humor of first graders is refreshing.

Now an update.
Andy has been in pain for...let's see...ever. And he finally complained enough to the right doctor to have an MRI done on his shoulder. Yes, you all heard right, his shoulder. You see thanks to the life saving/extending treatments Andy has had, it has caused damage to the muscles and nerves in the area that was exposed to the radiation. So that includes the shoulder, neck, back, and chest. Isn't this fun? We won't have any feedback until next week. I hope that there is something, anything that the doctors can find out that will help Andy with managing through this painful experience. Chronic pain is one of the side effects that one has to endure from cancer.

Well something about me. Cause you know it's always about me. Well this semester (yes. I am STILL in school)  I have to tutor an international student at Weber State. This has been interesting. I help him with his grammar and vocabulary (he is just beginning to learn English). The other day I had to explain to him what awesome means. I laughed, I use that word at work as  praise when the kiddos do well. So I did the same with him not realizing that he wouldn't know what it meant. How silly am I? Well I have many other things of humorous designs I would like to write, but I think I will save them for another day.
So...farewell my friends.

No comments: