Friday, February 22, 2013

Couldn't wait

I just could not wait for tomorrow to tell you something I find funny. Last Saturday, Shaeli's boyfriend (yes she has a boyfriend and Andy and I are not dealing well with it.) had his Eagle Scout ceremony. She went with our best regards and a card containing money for Josh.

So right now you are wondering what is funny? Well...let me first describe Josh. Josh is a great young man that is kind hearted and treats Shaeli like a queen. His family are active LDS and have brought him up in love and righteousness. When we first met his parents we all went bowling. We had a great time and learned alot about Josh. So... when does this get funny. Be patient it's coming I have to set the back story. Well, we go to their house and instantly Andy and I realize that compared to them we are complete sinners. Yes, sssinnerss. They make us look like we are heathens. They have so many LDS pictures all around their house, I thought I was at Deseret Book. No offense to Deseret Book or to Josh's family. It just made us laugh.
Now fast forward to last saturday. We knew we had to do something for Josh on his accomplishment of Eagle. We were not going to the ceremony. So we thought, okay a card with money sounds about right. Shaeli being the "good girlfriend" was going. Andy and I were at Walmart and looked at the cards, but nothing seemed right and we thought we were going to have to go to Deseret Book to buy the card. Then out of Andy's squinky eye he sees theee card! On the front of this lovely creation is a really, really old guy making the wierdest face. The text says: "Well butter my butt and call me a biscut!" inside reads: In other words, you impressed us. Now I know that it is not offensive or crude. But if you met Josh's parents and knew how straight and narrow Josh is, this is extreme. So the really funnying part is not so much the card but that we sent it with Shaeli without her knowing what it said. He opened it in front of his whole family, to say the least Shaeli was a little embarrased. We laughed!!! I know that we should not embarras our children. I know that on sooo many levels, however, that is what she gets for growing up and making us like her boyfriend.

Side note:
The card that Andy really wanted to get for Josh had a cute little doggie with a bright red bra in it's mouth running down a path. Inside is read, "BRA-VO!" I thought this would have given both Shaeli and possibly Josh's mom a heartattack so we opted not to get it. Funny though, huh?

No comments: