Friday, September 23, 2011

Perspective changes everything.

A DISCLAIMER FOR THE FOLLOWING POST--- I DON'T HAVE A TUMOR IN MY BRAIN!!!


Doc: Andy we have some bad news for you.

Andy: Ok Doc what is it I can take it.

Doc: Well it’s really not good news.

Andy: Well Doc, you’ve already told me I was going to die once. How much worse can it get than that?

Doc: You might have another tumor, this time in your brain.

Andy: If there is a tumor, wouldn’t that mean we caught it early?

Doc: yes.

Andy: So we can treat a small tumor right?

Doc: Yes.

Andy: So where is the bad news? We might have a tumor, but if we do it is treatable, I am having a hard time seeing the not goodness here.

My conversations don’t really go like this, my doctors are awesome and are always upbeat. I have only had one doctor tell me that I might not make it, and that was a long time ago. After scans, that doctor changed their tune as well.

All in all, cancer is not a fun thing to have. Treatments cause side-effects, cancer causes side-effects, and stress causes side-effects. All of which I have, but I will only admit to two of them, which in turn increases the side-effects of the third.
But I have been having some problems lately with dizziness and nausea. If I didn’t have melanoma, it wouldn’t be a big deal and most likely we would wait it out to see what comes of it. But because my Doctors want to be proactive and keep ahead of the cancer, we are doing scans. One of melanoma’s favorite places to spread is the brain, which causes dizziness and nausea. But so does about fifty other things.

Bottom line, I am doing ok, and life is good, just a little fuzzy right now. Oh and Morgan is playing soccer we have some video, as soon as I figure out how to cut it into small pieces I will put some up.

Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Love Andy.

1 comment:

KC said...

it's not a tumor. (said in an Arnold Schwarzeneger voice)