Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trying to recover from a "WILD" weekend

Late nights, early mornings, I have no idea how I did this in my teens. I had to take a nap just to make it to bedtime on Saturday.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!
The fundraiser went better than I ever dreamed. Thanks for everyone who showed up, helped, and in general provided support. If I didn't get to talk to you at the dinner, I am sorry, I was really busy that night. I will set up an official thank you page in alphabetical order on the website www.fightagainstmelanom.org
Here is what we saw from our vantage point:
Lots of happy people who were patient when we ran out of food at first. Generous people who bid on the auction items. Excited people who were breathing heavy, that participated in the 5k. Very charitable companies and individuals, and how about those volunteers!!!!!! give them a big hand. Without all of them I wouldn't have been able to make this happen.
By Saturday at 3 I was exhausted. Some of you who came to pick up your items may have even caught me in a state of rest laying on the floor.
I do have to say, with equal appreciation for all my volunteers, a special thanks from me and my family need to go to Wendy Stephens, and JaNeal Pollock and their families. They have been helping us out for a long time, and stepped it up to a level I didn't think possible. If you see them, give them a hug from me, or just a pat on the back.
Merry Christmas and have a lovely day,
Love Andy, Peggy, and all.

1 comment:

Tanya Layne said...

Sounds like a crazy, wonderful weekend! Wish we could have been there. FYI you need an "a" at the end of your hotlink to your .org page!