Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gratitude abounds

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Through this last year and a half, we have been overwhelmed with the support we have been given. Our family has been a life line of support, which most people would just expect. However, it has been the little things, that have really been welcomed. It is through small things that great things happen. We have witnessed this in our life. Kindness is truly contagious. A smile can uplift and encourage a child, nice words to a teen can help with hope, and a warm hug from friends can stregthen a tired soul. We apprieciate those who volunteered, donated, and came to the fundraiser. The dinner was an overwhelming experience for me. I thought we would have a good turn out, I didn't expect the 300+ that came to show us how much we are loved. Andy has always been an easy person to like. He is energetic, kind, hard working (don't let him know I said that), sympathetic, and willing. He can make anyone feel safe and comfortable. He loves to talk to and entertain others. He is my complete opposite. He loves to meet new people and make lots of friends. I would rather curl up with a classic book and hot cocoa. During our marriage, Andy has helped me to stretch my openess to others, controll my all to sharp tongue, and act on prompting of the spirit without worry of what others may say. I have said before that I have been humbled not by the cancer, but the loving actions of those around me.
The fun run was great to have. Where the dinner was emotionally and overwhelming, the run was full of fun and energy. The location was great. The people were perfect. We were so happy that I doubt anything could have taken that feeling away. I hope that we will be able to have pictures from the events to share on the blog soon. There has been some technical difficulties. So, until next time. Have a lovely day!

No comments: