Thursday, June 3, 2010

Today Andy called me around 6:00am, this is our usual morning talk time before the chaos begins. He is doing well, he is positive and upbeat. Around 2:30 he called to let me know they are done with this weeks treatments. He recieved 5 doses total, which is more than expected, but then you all know Andy(has to press his limits). He was really wanting to do 8 doses just to show Dr. Grossman that he could do it. I swear the more those two men are together the more I think their little boy, "I can do it better than you can" attitude comes out. Dr. Grossman will say, "Andy, if we can get 3 doses, that would be great." Andy's relpy is usually something to the effect, "If I'm down here for a week, I think 6 doses would be better." As if this is some kind of bargining/haggling item they are talking about. I am going to go down tomorrow to bring him home. He has gain 33 pounds of water and feels like the stay puff marshmellow man. There were no scares or problems this time around. The doctors/nurses were aggressive in predosing Andy before each treatment and this seems to help. I would like to clear up so things. On my post from last friday, I did mention that we needed some time to absorb info that was given to us. I feel as though I am in a more calm and understanding place and I can further explain so things. Andy and I have been very focused on these treatments to stop and reverse the growth of the tumors. The information from the scan from last week were not great. They did show growth, and this threw us for a loop. We really did not expect it, and we felt as though we were just told all over again of the statisic and real number we are facing with this cancer. Our happy place that we had been building during this last month was blown down by melanoma once again. But, yes there is a but, we are refocusing and accepting what lies ahead. This is not as easy as I make it sound. Life is never certian, but we all have expectataion and goals to how we are going to live it. At this time Andy and I don't see a clear and forward future. We are building it slowly one month at a time. Having said that, tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids, Andy is coming home (sick and bloated), and I have more time to try to get the yard to look nice for the summer. Another thing we are looking for to our vacation in July. Some month ago my sister Andee and her lovely hubby found a charitable group call Compassionate Partners. They help families with individuals of life threatening diseases to go on a family vacation. We are going to Florida, DisneyWorld, Universal Studios, Sea World, and the BEACH!! Yet, with my luck that muck flowing from the Gulf will make its way to where we will go and the beach will be closed. Pray that mother nature doesn't let this happen, I know that sound very selfish, but my kids have never seen an ocean at all. So we are all excited beyond belief. Thank you Andee, Rene, and those of Compassiontate Partners. We want to remind all of you how much we are grateful for your love and prayers. Thank YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Buffy said...

I haven't ever met you, but from what Andy has said and what I've read here, you are an awesome and wonderful woman. Your family continues to be in my prayers and thoughts. Don't forget about taking care of your own needs every once in awhile!