Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers day weekend

The kids went to Lava Hot Springs for the Verhaal annual outing. They had a blast, they went up Thursday and we went up Saturday to get them. It was really nice to see everyone. Fathers Day was kinda rough for me but we made it through and still had some times that were enjoyable. We went to my parents for dinner/supper, the last meal of the day (the clarification is for my Dad.) Tanya and Jonah came over and it was fun to see them. He is growing so much. Tanya is my little brother David's wife, Jonah is their son. ok, enough genealogy. It has been frustrating feeling sick still, but now we know why and it makes it more bearable and have a plan for getting over it. Water, water and a little more water, with some Gatorade, and cranberry juice. A little walking and lots of bathroom time. If all works well I should be back in shape for treatments by Thursday. If not, I will be making an appointment to go and see the kidney doctor. So lets hope and pray that all will be well by Thursday, that's when I have to do more labs. While putting treatment off for a week may seem like a setback, it just shows how much Dr. Grossman and the team care about my well being and success over cancer. They want me to get as many doses as I can and we all agree that under current circumstances I probably would have only got 1 maybe 2 doses before my body said no more. We take everything day by day and enjoy the little successes during each day that we have and endure the bad times. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Merry Christmas, and have a lovely day.
Love Andy.

No comments: