Friday, April 30, 2010

I have returned home

Thanks to Peg, for covering for me while I wasn't able to. She said some really nice things about me, some true, some exaggerated. But while I did turn blue from lack of oxygen, and had all the doctors on the floor, as well as most free nurses and the Respiration team in my room, I didn't remember a whole lot of the trials I went through. A blessing from how well I respond to the Demerol, and other pain-meds they give me. I only remember about 1o min or so of the whole ordeal, and those times didn't involve anyone but Dr. Joan asking me a few questions about my breathing and if I was having chest pains, to which I would answer and go back to sleep. One of the nurses came to me later and expressed how sorry she was for what pain I had to go through. I really had no idea what she was talking about and made her explain. To which I asked the doctors the following morning to elaborate on what had happened, which they did in more detail than I could understand, to which one of them stated-"it was the worst thing I had seen with the IL2 patients."
Hopefully we can put this to rest, and be glad, it was a turning point. It made me realize that I can take a lot more than I give myself and the Lord credit for, and I am really lucky to have such smart Doctors. They eliminated a couple of medicines from my daily routine and presto chango - I get double or triple the amount of doses they expected even with the major event with the Rigors talking place. The Blood pressure dropping isn't that big of thing, while serious and in the same week as the Rigors it was frustrating and abnormal, but it immediately stops treatment for me and is treatable. Thank Heavens for Educated Doctors and Those who take good notes for them to go back and study. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Merry christmas and Have a lovely Day.
Love Andy. (By the way this was Andy writing this time)

No comments: