Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back in the saddle again.

Ok, It is Sunday night and I am back at Hunstman, getting ready for the treatment to start tomorrow. I have been poked and an IV installed. My wife and son have left for the evening, and have left me on my own, to deal with the nurses, (who are awesome). While I am filled with some dread of what is to come. There is some peace as well. Knowing that while it may be bad, the long term goal is to have the cancer in remission. So going through short term trials, to have a long term benefit is worth it. Besides, if I wasn't going through all of this, would you all really read my blog. See, now you are hanging on most of the stuff I put down. All because of a couple of black spots on an x-ray. But really, I appreciate the prayers and thoughts for me and my family. They help get through the hard times, like tonight will probably be. Once I start the treatment, my brain turns off and it doesn't get hard again until I go home and some of the sanity starts creeping back in. (what little sanity I have) But for tonight, I am doing well, and the nurses are keeping me company, making sure I make good choices and do what I am supposed to. Its kinda like being at home with a less comfortable bed.
Love you all,
Andy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy
Along with myself and many other people there will be many special prayers for you tonight and tomorrow. My you keep up the postive attitude and win this battle.
good luck
Love ya
Aunt Jo

Buffmeister said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and thoughts. I hope yesterday and today haven't been too awful. Sending all my extra energy your way...