Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bring it!!!!!

Ok, No news on the cancer update.  But things are going well.  Peggy has about a week left for schooling.  Shaeli looks to be graduating, Caity is still a pill, and Morgan is still dorkus son of dork.  Having said that, the stress around the Layne household has increased.  On April 1st, I found myself unemployed.  I am now looking to better myself through meditation, and trying not to pull my hair out filling out all the stupid paperwork and forms that are required to file for unemployment.  Tell me this, I have a letter from my employer, but I need to give my DNA, put my children up as possible indentured servants, and promise to open my house to occupying troops.  Ok, I am really going off the deep end here, but I see what I have had to go through to get approved for unemployment and can't figure out how people are able to take advantage of it.  And don't even talk to me about food stamps or medical assistance, they make you feel like a criminal and look into all of your friends and their friends, friends.  Ok, me going off again.

But I tell you all of the crap to share one other thing with you.  All things were put back into perspective, last Friday (April 11).  A friend from years ago let us know she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  I took this opportunity to realize that my current trials are trivial.  I remember what it was like when I was diagnosed.  My empathy for this family has made me reevaluate my attitude and show a more gratitude for the good things I have.  If you have a minute in your prayers keep those who are suffering with ailments to the forefront if you would.
Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Love your friend,
Andy

No comments: