Monday, March 25, 2013

WOW what a month!

So here we are in March and boy does it march in and out quickly. There have been so many things that have happened, let's play catch up.
It's Birthday time for the Layne family. We have 3 nieces and 3nephews birthday's, Andy's father's, 2 friends, and oh yeah our beautiful daughters. That's a lot of birthday cake!
Shaeli and Caity both have turned another year older and I just can't understand how it is possible that I can have a 17 and 15 year old. I mean I'm like...what...twenty something?
Oh, wait. I'm like almost fff...never mind. The point is our baby girls are closer to being an adult than a kindergartner. I seriously could cry. The song from fiddler on the roof comes to mind, and it goes something like...
(hem, hem, clearing the throat)
"Where is the little girl I carried? Where is the little boy at play? I don't remember growing older, when did they?"
(sigh)
Oh well life continues. So anywho, they chose different things for their birthday cake. Caity wanted ice cream cake. Something Andy doesn't like and love to loudly complain about. Shaeli chose cheesecake. So, we made the cheesecake and bought the ice cream cake. They were DELICIOUS! Oh my heck I think I gained like 10 pounds over 2 days.

It was also junior prom!
 Shaeli looked gorgeous. She wore a sparkly silver and black dress. She even let me put makeup on her. I shouldn't have done it, she looks too pretty and grown up with it on. I will have Andy put pics up later. I don't know how and I don't have the time for visuals.

Speaking of time. Andy is healing well from surgery. He still is a pain in the bottom, but he is doing well. He told me the other day that he is feeling more optimistic and hopeful for the future.This is huge. Andy has battled a lot of pain in the last couple of years and we really have not been given a great timeline to live on, so when Andy is this hopeful we are all more optimistic and happy.

I know I am forgetting to tell you something I just can't remember right now.  Some people call it a senior moment, I call it too much going on in life to stop and remember it. So, I hope that all is well with you, and our prayers are for you always.

No comments: