Saturday, April 28, 2012

And it didn't kill me......

It started as I was driving home from getting scans.  I was passing the Willard Bay area and I couldn't believe my eyes, it was snowing.  Not a particularly unbelievable action for an April afternoon, it was the thought that in a couple of hours I would be camping there.  This was not the most ideal way to spend my Friday night.  I would be camping with the scouts overnight, in the cold, and then walking ten miles the next day, yes, I said TEN miles.

 Well, I made it through it and didn't even die, yet. 
In preparation I have been walking a mile to a mile and a half occasionally with Peggy and Morgan.  Morgan has been jogging the mile and half with a 20 lb pack on. 

Everything went well and everyone was returned home, I think.  I know the boys I took made it home, and Morgan and I made it home, apart from that not sure of a whole lot. 
As of posting time today, late afternoon, I can hardly move.  But a year ago this wasn't even an option, so I am pretty excited.  Only 4 more ten milers and a 20 miler to go.  Then the hiking merit badge will be earned for these boys.
 Then comes the Cycling merit badge, any volunteers to take my place?  2 ten mile rides, 2 15 mile rides, 2 25 mile rides, and (drum roll please) 1 50 mile ride.  I think they are trying to kill me off now that I am feeling better.  Just kidding, this feels great! 
My wife is making fun of me and my crippled up walking I have been doing.
Merry Christmas and Have a lovely day,
Andy Layne

No comments: