Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year with New possiblilties

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

I always thought that phrase was stupid. I now know it is. It infers that you were never really living before today, on that premise your previous days were wasted. But as a new year starts, new goals are set, a look back on "how I did" last year. Setting goals on how to improve my family and myself. Now some people think I should put "not have more cancer" as a goal. That is impractical, and not under any of my control whatsoever. So instead, I will focus on the things I can control. Like not kicking peoples trikes in the ditch, and not "pooping" in others cornflakes. I will try to play well with others, and not look gift horses in the mouth,(nope, I just won't look at all, unless its the other way, I don't need another horse right now). I wont be a pot calling the kettle black, or watching the pot so is never boils. This post was a short one, but I wanted it to be informational. In closing I want you to know that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and that there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Andy Layne

1 comment:

kallee said...

Some words you may have neglected to say, so I didn't want you to forget:
Time is money... I disagree, I have plenty of time, but people don't like to get paid in "time" I already wrote the bank a check for 3 hours and they wouldn't accept it..rude!
Curiosity killed the cat... I don't have a cat, so I'm not that familiar with what kills them, but unless someone is nick named "Curiosity" I'm pretty sure your cat is still alive, but may be missing...
good things come to those who wait... when? I'm still waiting for the publishers clearing house check, maybe they don't know I moved...
don't put all your eggs in one basket... keep them in the fridge in the egg carton, I always say!
he went the whole 9 yards.... I don't know where your going if its only 9 yards away, but good luck!
don't burn your bridges.... its illegal and you'll get in ALOT of trouble if you go around burning things down
when life gives you lemons make lemonade... I prefer lemon bars, but to each his own...
we'll cross that bridge when we come to it ... had it not already been burned down...