Thursday, August 4, 2011

Radiation Shmadiation

For the last few days I have been receiving radiation, which will continue through the month of August. It has been kicking my butt a lot harder than I expected this early on. But there is some good news. I now have another seven tattoos. That brings me to eight, total. Ha, Scott, how many do you have? I am turning into quite the rebel. Maybe I will even get my ear pierced. Oh wait I’ve already had a hole in my ear, and it took a bunch of surgeries to get it fixed. So, no piercings.
Ok a little confession. I am not a rebel. (Don’t tell Scott though.)
Apart from the hot (ok burning) feeling in my chest, and the exhaustion, I am doing great.
The drive to Salt Lake everyday is getting old fast, and its only been 4 days so far. Tomorrow is my last one for the week. Then I get to do it all over again next week, and the week after that, and then some more. But the end result is possibly having my new tumor dead, I am more than happy to make the drive every day.

On the upside, the people I have talked to so far doing radiation have all lost weight, which is something I need to do. So in a nutshell, radiation, heat, tired and lots of travel.
Oh, Peggy, and the kids are doing great. This is the last week of school for Peggy, finals week. So say a special prayer for her. (she has tests tomorrow and Saturday).

you can watch a video of a glimpse of our family party here:



Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Love Andy

1 comment:

KC said...

Best. Video. Ever.