Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Scan complete, plan disclosed

Today I had an MRI and CT scan done. I started taking medicine to help me with the allergic reaction to the CT contrast last night. We got up early this morning and headed to Salt Lake. Had the scans, and then had to wait around until after lunch for our doctor appointment. Dr. Grossman was out today, so we met with Carolyn. We had some idle chit chat and told how our trip was and how things had been going for us since the last time we met. She told us that there was some growth in the tumors but what to do about it would have to wait until Dr. Grossman called. And just like magic, he called while we were talking. So, ..... The tension builds.........Are you tired of my senseless banter.......?..........ok, he said that while the tumors fit in the statistical area of no growth, compared to our last scan, it showed noticeable growth when compared to our original scans. So, can you say..."Vegas Baby!!!!" (Sorry Aunt Lillian). Dr. Grossman is more comfortable with us going to Las Vegas, because he knows the Doctor there and how he does business, so to speak. Nothing bad on Twin Falls, its just that he would feel more comfortable if we went to Vegas. We are now waiting for Dr. Samlowski's office to give us a call. So, the IL2 didn't work like we wanted it too, but we have another option left still. So we persevere and press on. When I say we, I mean my family and all of you who have shown and shared so much care and faith with us. This battle will continue, and we hope that you will continue to keep us in your prayers, and for that I thank you. Have a lovely day, and Merry Christmas.
Love, Andy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home but am sad the test results werent as good as they could have been, Do you know how long you will be in Vegas and do you have family there. I will pray for you and hope for the best I send you my Love and I will pray for all of you Love Aunt Dar

Ashley said...

Hey! So I admit I'm one of your blog stalkers that never leaves a comment but thought I would on this one! I don't know if my mom told you (but knowing Aunt Lillian she probably already has) but Kallee & I totally live in Las Vegas so if you need anything....rides, place to stay, fun company, ect.... let me know! I'm happy to help in any way!