Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What a weekend

I wasn't sure if I should blog or not. I figure since there was no new information on Andy's cancer treatments, there wasn't anything to write. However, since talking with many of Andy's family that lives far from us, I thought we should write the happenings of our week. On Saturday, We went to the Andrew family reunion at Powerhouse in Malad Summit. We got up early(6:00am)and went to have breakfast with the relations. It was COLD up there!! We talked with cousins, aunts, and uncles that we haven't seen for years. It was great. Andy, Dennis, Morgan, and cousins went fishing. They really didn't catch much, but Morgan caught a frog. He tried to convince Andy to let him keep it, but to no luck he had to release it. Live long little frog. All of the siblings with families in tow(except David)came and had dinner up there. I should explain to some of you why David (Andy's youngest brother)wasn't able to come. He is serving in the Navy and is stationed in Florida. However, we we able to have Tanya and little Jonah there. We went home happy and tired. Sunday, we attended our church services then afterword had Tanya, Jonah, Tralyn, and Brecken over for BBQ chicken. Monday, we went all out. We did very little. It was awesome. That night we went to Grandma Layne's for dinner and went to the park to sing before fireworks were lit. We left totally tired. There is more that I could write but I don't want to write pages and pages, so I will leave it at that for now. I do want to send out our love and appreciation to Andy's extended relations. We love you and your support. It was good to know that this blog is helpful to you. We loved seeing everyone there. One more thing. I hope that we can keep those in the armed services in our prayers. We live in such a topsy-turvy life that we forget how we received the freedoms of this nation. It is the sacrifice of men and women in the armed services and their families. Andy and I are very thankful to all.

1 comment:

shel said...

SO GLAD you all felt up to attending the reunion...it was great to catch up with you!