Sunday, April 4, 2010

Today, is a day of bitter sweet activities. (this ones churchy)

Today, is Easter, a day where the celebration of the Resurrection of Christ is experienced at our house. It is also a day where later on I will be admitted to the hospital for another round of treatment. While sitting in the hospital last time, lost in discomfort and frustrations of feeling sick and not being able to do anything about it. A peaceful feeling came over me giving me some insights to the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Resurrection. That through the Atonement all things will be made whole and right. This includes infirmities, (Matthew 8:17 -That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sickness.) Another scripture in the Book of Mormon says (Alma 7:12- And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities,...) These two scriptures have helped me to realize that no matter what I go through the Lord understands with exactness what I have to deal with and can and has sent his comforter, the Holy Ghost(HG) to help bear the hard times. The HG has allowed me to feel of the prayers that have been offered in my behalf, usually at the lowest points of the treatment when I plead for help in prayer, and know that I need help to make it through the trying times. It is for this reason I thank all of you for your prayers, because I realize I can't make it through this on my own. I need my family, and you all, my friends to make it through these tough times. Thank you. I will end so as to not make this too long, but I will say in the words of one of my favorite hymns, referring to Easter. "I know that my redeemer lives, what comfort this sweet sentence gives, " I love and appreciate you all. Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Love Andy

No comments: