Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi everyone, this is a topsyturvey day for Andy. Yesterdays third dose was difficult to say the least. The more I find out what transpired the more I realize how amazing Andy is. We blogged how it was ruff and rigors were really intense. I have learned that for 45 mins Andy culvused uncontrolably even with intense meds. He turned an awful shade of blue (which is pretty hard considering the fact that IL2 has the side effect of turning the skin bright lobster red) because his blood pressure dropped very low. The nurses and doctors were more concerned than Andy wanted to admit. During his stay they take labs almost hourly. The shocking thing is his labs came back more postive than negative and so the docs. decided to continue doses. Andy recieve dose number 4 this morning and faired better than expected. With this you would think that they would stop with 4, seeing that they really thought Andy would only be able to recieve 2 or at most 3 doses. Well, they are going for a fifth dose. That's right, 5 doses. Andy's wonderful nurse Mel, texted me that at 7:00 p.m. Andy would get the fifth one under heavy sedation. I am in awe in Andy's willingness to submit to these treatments. We all want to fight for our lives, and to continue here on earth longer. But the horrors of cancer treatments can take the fight out of even the strongest of people. But Andy is the ever optimist, so he is fighting harder. I would love to be at Andy's side this week unfortuneately I have been sick, and so I am not allowed down there. I hope that you know that your prayer are truly heard and felt. Andy has told me constantly that while he is at the darkest of moments he feels the love and prayers of you all. We thank you over and over again for your concern and support. I will blog again tomorrow how things went. Pray for the best, and we love you.

1 comment:

KC said...

Layne fam-
We are always praying for you all, and Andy's battle is always in our thoughts. We love you.