Friday, April 23, 2010

Good news for my kidneys

We just met with the cancer Dr. today. He says my numbers are going down, and we will still have treatment starting Sunday. We will also be adjusting medication to try and give my kidneys a break through this series. While we will probably only get 2-3 doses, he is confident that, the one to two doses will be adequate to maintain the progress that we have seen so far with my treatments. So it looks like I will be back in the hospital on Sunday and starting dosing on Monday. We hope that my kidney numbers stay at a manageable level. So bring on the pain and misery!!! If I didn't have a long term perspective on this, it would be really hard to put myself through all of this discomfort and for lack of a better word, crap. But with the high possibilities of this working and my cancer going away for several years, it is worth it. Especially if it gives me enough time for them to come up with a more responsive treatment. I know I say this a lot, but I really mean it, thanks for the prayers and thoughts offered in our behalf. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you as well, and we hope your days are a little brighter, and your burdens a little lighter. Keep smiling, Merry Christmas and have a lovely day.
Love Andy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello I guess you can stand one more set. Then there is a break isnt there? I am praying for you and will be really thinking of you for the next couple of days or so. May God and the angels be with you and lighten your load. I wish you well and that time will fly for this week.. Love you all Aunt Dar